Firm Logo


New Jersey Third-Party Claim Lawyer 

New Jersey Third-Party Claim Lawyer 

Top Rated Third-Party Work Injury Claim Attorney in Camden County, NJ Defending the Rights of Injured Workers in Voorhees as well as Burlington County, Gloucester County, and Throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania 

When an employee is injured at work while carrying out tasks within the scope of their work, their first recourse for compensation is often workers’ compensation benefits. Employers are obligated to pay workers’ compensation benefits to workers injured on the job under New Jersey law. However, this isn’t the only option for compensation when you have suffered a work-related injury. If your work-related injury is the result of the negligence of a third party, you may be able to recover compensation through a third-party personal injury claim. An experienced New Jersey third-party claim lawyer can help you secure the compensation you deserve. 

At Garber Law, P.C., we’re committed to helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We will walk you through the complex process of pursuing workers’ compensation benefits as well as a third-party personal injury claim. We will help you understand your options and provide you with an effective strategy to recover compensation for your injuries. Our team will work tirelessly to secure a favorable outcome on your behalf. We will work to maximize your benefits. 

Contact us now to schedule a free consultation with an experienced third-party work injury claim attorney in Camden County, NJ. We will review your case for free and discuss your options with you. 

Examples of Third-Party Claims that Can Arise As a Result of Workplace Accidents 

Workers that are injured on the job typically pursue workers’ compensation to secure financial compensation for their injuries. This compensation is paid through their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. However, there are cases where workers can pursue parties other than their employers for compensation. This is when the accident that caused their injuries was a result of the negligence of a third party. Some common examples of third-party claims that may arise as a result of work-related accidents include: 

  • Motor vehicle accidents Employees can claim compensation for injuries suffered in an accident that was caused by a reckless or negligent driver 
  • Premises liability claims Workers can make claims against owners of properties with unsafe conditions that resulted in an accident. For example, workers can sue a client if they were injured on the client’s property as a result of hazardous conditions on the property. 
  • Product liability claims Workers can recover compensation for injuries resulting from the use of defective products. For example, a worker can sue a manufacturer for an injury sustained while using a defective piece of equipment on the job. 
  • Negligence claims – Workers can pursue compensation for the negligence of independent contractors that caused their injuries. For example, an injured construction worker may pursue compensation from the company that constructed scaffolding that was worn out and caused their injury

With the help of an experienced New Jersey third-party claim lawyer, you can determine the options available to you for recovering compensation in addition to workers’ compensation benefits. Our attorneys have represented injured workers for over 30 years. We will help you weigh your options and provide you with an effective strategy to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries. We will work to recover any and all benefits that you are eligible for, including: 

  • Lost wages 
  • Lost capacity to earn 
  • Medical expenses that have not been reimbursed through workers’ compensation benefits 
  • Pain and suffering 
  • Rehabilitation and physical therapy 
  • Future medical expenses 
  • Loss of consortium 
  • And many more 

Take the first step to protecting your right to compensation by getting in touch with us to schedule your free consultation

Contact Garber Law, P.C. to Schedule Free Consultation with an Experienced New Jersey Third-Party Claim Lawyer

Seeking compensation for a work-related injury through a third-party claim can seem confusing and intimidating. However, if your injuries were the result of the negligence of a third party, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages. Contact Garber Law, P.C. to schedule a free consultation with an experienced third-party work injury claim attorney in Camden County, NJ. We will provide you with invaluable insight into your rights and options. 

From our office in Voorhees, we handle cases throughout New Jersey, including Camden CountyGloucester County, and Burlington County. We also handle cases in Pennsylvania from our office in Philadelphia, including Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Chester County.

Frequently Asked Questions about Third-Party Claims in New Jersey

Can I pursue a third-party claim if I am also pursuing a workers’ compensation claim for a workplace accident in New Jersey?

Yes. If you were injured on the job as a result of the negligence of a third party, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim in addition to a workers’ compensation claim. Your employer is obligated to pay New Jersey workers’ compensation for work-related injuries. You can pursue a personal injury claim against any third party whose negligence contributed to your accident.

Contact Garber Law, P.C. to consult with an experienced third-party injury claim attorney in Camden County, NJ. We will review your case and carry out thorough investigations to determine how your accident occurred and who ought to be held liable.

Does receiving compensation in a third-party claim have an impact on my workers’ compensation benefits?

Yes. You can continue to receive workers’ compensation benefits even when you receive compensation in a third-party claim against a negligent party. However, it is important to note that the law in New Jersey does not allow you to recover twice for the same injury. If your settlement for your third-party claim is larger than what you recovered as workers’ compensation benefits, you will be required to repay the workers’ compensation benefits. However, if your third-party settlement is lower than your workers’ compensation benefits, workers’ compensation will only pay for the difference between the settlement amount and the total workers’ compensation benefit to which you were entitled to. 

It is therefore important to consult with an experienced New Jersey third-party claim lawyer when seeking compensation for work-related injuries. The attorneys at Garber Law, P.C. will advise you on the best approach to take when pursuing compensation. We will help you maximize your compensation. 

Garber Law, P.C. Has Achieved Numerous

Multi-Million Dollar Results

Get The Compensation You Deserve!

Settlements and verdicts may vary and are based on the many factors of your case, etc.
(The below information may not apply to your settlement and verdict).

$10 Million Dollars

Settlement During Trial for a Leg Amputation











  • Quote

    Mr. Garber is amazing! He walked me through my lawsuit every step of the way and answered all of my questions. Not only is he a great lawyer, but he was very caring about my feelings and health throughout the whole process. Thank you, Mr. Garber, for everything you’ve done for me, especially for winning my case!

    Kim C.

  • Working with the firm was my best decision. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and definitely worked hard for their clients. I would highly recommend them.

    Linda S.

  • Quote

    Mr. Garber is simply the best. Very knowledgeable, honest, and helpful throughout the whole process. He has been practicing law for many years and is a true professional in the courtroom. Joel Wayne Garber will fight hard for what you deserve.

    Joseph P.

Schedule Your Free Consultation

Provide the information below or call us at:


100% Secure. We respect your privacy. See here.

© 2024 Garber Law, P.C. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer.Site Map.